Decontamination & Infection Control: Dental Team Training
Wednesday 27 June 2012, 14:00 - 17:00
This course is fully booked
Dr Chris Whitworth qualified at Liverpool in 1985 & currently works as a GDP in a large, mainly NHS practice in Merseyside.
An MPhil in 2004, on the subject of instrument decontamination & award of the Shirley Glasstone Hughes Memorial prize resulted in appointment as an Honorary Research Associate at the University of Liverpool.
Advisor for the Infection Control module of the FGDP(UK)/Smile-On Key Skills in Primary Dental Care e-learning package.
Member of the Department of Health Dental Risk Assessment Group for vCJD.
GDC Core subject - Recommended for all members of the dental team.
Aims & Objectives
- To provide knowledge of the micro-organisms which may be transferred during dental procedures & the risks of cross infection
- To discuss Department of Health guidance & CQC Outcomes which relate to Infection Prevention & Control in the dental Environment
- To provide a detailed explanation of the procedures & protocols for implementing effective Infection Prevention & Control recommended by current guidance
- Thorough understanding of the reasons why effective Infection Control is fundamental to the provision of quality dental treatment
- A good working knowledge of all recommended procedures for the implementation of effective Infection Prevention & Control in a dental context
Dr Christine Whitworth - GDP
There is no course fee
Location Wirral PGMC, Clatterbridge Hospital, CH63 4JY