Enhanced Form Rs
What is an Enhanced Form R?
The Enhanced Form R is a mandatory document which registers the Core Trainee or Specialist Trainee (including Academic and GP Trainees) with the Postgraduate Dean.
It is required every year of Postgraduate Specialist Training.
As from December 2012, the Enhanced Form R is an annual requirement for the ARCP/RITA Process as it forms a part of Revalidation.
Why is an Enhanced Form R requested?
Only when the Enhanced Form R has been received, trainees will receive their National Training Number (NTN) / Deanery Reference Number (DRN). The Enhanced Form R also:
- Ensures the doctor is registered on the Postgraduate Dean's database
- Initiates the Annual Review of Competence Progression (ARCP) process
- For those trainees with a NTN or those entering a core training programme, this will result in the Postgraduate Dean forwarding a copy of the registration form to the relevant Royal College or Faculty advising that a new trainee has been registered in the Deanery and giving his/her training number and GMC programme approval number.
- Forms a part of the mandatory Revalidation Process
What is the difference between an NTN and DRN?
- A DRN is awarded to trainees on a Core Training Programme.
- An NTN is awarded to trainees on a Run Through / Higher Training Programme
Where in the Gold Guide can I find further information on the Enhanced Form R?
For further information on the Enhanced Form R look at sections
- 6.21, 6.22, 7.41, 7.68, 7.81, 7.88, 7.89 and 7.90
- Appendix 2
When do I need to complete a Enhanced Form R?
A Form R needs to be completed every year in line with your Portfolio / RITA Review.
Where can I download the Enhanced Form R?
This is my first year at Mersey, what do I need to supply?
ST1 / CT1 / LAT / FTSTA:
- Signed and completed Form R and Personal Details Form
- Signed Conditions of Training Form
- Passport Photograph
ST2 / CT2 and above:
- Same as ST1 / CT1 trainees plus two pieces of evidence confirming previous training in approved posts. This can be a ARCP / RITA Certficate, letter of appointment, letter from previous employer etc.
If you cannot provide evidence of previous training in approved posts, your training will go along the Certificate confirming Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR) route.
Your Enhanced Form R will not be processed and NTN/DRN will not be issued without all the documentation
This is my second year (and above) at Mersey, what do I need to supply?
You only need to supply a completed Enhanced Form R with a handwritten signature.
The Enhanced Form R requests me to supply a list of past and present posts. What do i need to supply?
New Starters: If this is your first year in Programme, you do not need to supply.
However if you have been at another Deanery previously, please enter the details of your previous Postgraduate Dean in the Name and Contact details of your previous Responsible Officer as the Mersey Deanery may need to request information.
Existing Trainees: Your posts since your last review that you will be assessed againest at your next review.
i.e. Last ARCP 26/06/12, next ARCP 01/06/2013. Period covered from and to will be 01/08/2012 - 06/08/2013. Your posts during this period is to be supplied.
Who do I send my documentation to?
Your Postgraduate School Administrator.
What is CESR?
CESR is awarded after an applicant has successfully applied to have their training, qualifications and experience assessed against the requirements for the CCT in which they have undertaken training.
What do I need to enter on the Enhanced Form R and Personal Details Form?
My details have changed since I submitted my Enhanced Form R. What do I do?
If your details have changed, please contact your Postgraduate School Administrator with your up to date information.